Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Nothing Really....

I don't have a lot of anything really. I sat around yesterday. Did my library run. I'm currently reading Almost a Gentleman by Pam Rosenthal. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm planning to read Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag next. Unless something else jumps into my hands first.

I have walking class tonight. I think I'm going to try for three miles. Definitely plan to get in two miles anyway. I don't know that I will shave much time off my timed mile though. I was thinking about that on the way to lunch. It takes me a while to really get warmed up. Over half a mile. So I think I'm going to try and get a stopwatch. Then I can see the difference in my second mile. That might be something interesting to keep track of. I've been thinking of hitting the C25K program. I haven't succeeded with it yet. I think it might be because it takes me longer to get warmed up. I'll see what I can do on my own in the next few weeks.

My friend Tigerlilly had decided to run a one-week challenge. She's put together some interesting challenges on it. It's going to kick my butt. But it easily falls in line with the other things I'm doing (exceeds them!!!) so I think I'm going to try it out. Means I have to go shopping after my walk tonight though. At least I have a little extra cash. It should also get me back to cooking again!

Well, I think that's it. There isn't really anything major going on in my life. No final for my class, no deadlines at work. (Although they did order my laptop today.) Y'all have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Keep at it. Push for 3 miles, but only if it doesn't make you hate walking. You don't know how much good you're doing for yourself.
btw I like Tami Hoag as an auther.
Matt

Christine said...

I really wanted to jump on board for that 1 week challenge, but I knew that I couldn't be honest and truthful right now - one week of holidays left means that I wouldn't be on track. I am trying my best to dig myself out of the hole I put myself in since the weekend. Take care and good luck at walking tonight - thats a great goal to have.

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates