Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Challenge Time!!!

Ok, time to plug Make Yourself A Priority in 2007! We've had a wonderful time so far this year in the Challenge and I think we are all doing wonderful things together. It takes support to really make a change in our lives and I personally think that this is a great place to get support. We set our own challenges each month (because who knows better than you what you need to work on!) and you can make it as hard or as easy as you need to. We're all on different fitness levels, we're all different weights, and we all have different personalities. But we share a dream to be healthier and a desire to help others reach that same goal.

Starting on February 25th we will be taking on challengers for March. So start thinking about if you want to participate in the challenge, and if so, what do you want to work on it March? We are also doing a 40-day challenge in conjunction with Lent. So, if you want to come on board in March, feel free to give up a bad habit as well. Together we can all be as healthy as we want to be. And even make a few new friends along the way.

As for my challenge, I think I have done well this month. I have kept up my exercise routine better than I thought I would. A few days have only consisted of walking, but that's great exercise too. Especially after you put on a 10-lbs. backpack! I plan to work on a different weakness in March. I still have a tendency to go off program on the weekends. In two days I can easily destroy all the good work and progress I've made during the week. My goal is to stay on program during the weekend. Within the next few days I will get a tracker set up for this challenge, and plan to stay on track this weekend, even though it isn't March. It's sad to think that lately my weekends have been more about how much damage I can do to my efforts than about staying on track. And that has to change. And it starts changing now!!!!

I hope that those of you not participating think about joining us for March. And, of course, I hope to see all our previous challengers signing back up (assuming life isn't getting in the way right now!) :)

2 comments:

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

That's a great March goal! I have a super hard time with weekends, too. Too much socializing and too many restaurant meals!

WeightWatchnWoman said...

I think I might be joining your March goal. I need to focus more on weekends!!!

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates