Saturday, January 06, 2007

School History

In response to Michelle's question about what classes I'm taking I've decided to give everyone a little brief on my school history.
I graduated from North Pontotoc High School, a small county school, as valedictorian in 2000. I had already taken college algebra one summer and gotten an A. So, I decided that I just HAD to be different and go straight to a university. I, being retarded I think now, decided to attend the University of Southern Mississippi. The school that accepted me but would only give me $100 in scholarships. And that was only for one semester. I went into their Honors College which was kinda dumb, but I did enjoy some of the classes. However, in my third semester there I got seriously depressed and nearly flunked out. I then got a job at the university and have only went part time since then.
I am on my 5th or 6th major, but this one will stick. I really like it, even if I haven't gotten to the actual courses for it yet. My actual class hours count me as a senior, but I feel like a freshman in the program because I have so many courses left. Since Jan 2002, only 5 of my grades have not been an A. And I've taken at least 6 courses each year. So I don't feel too bad about that. My non-As are in physics, Spanish, and calculus. Three subjects that I hate.
I'm currently taking Introduction to computers as a minisession courses that ends at the end of next week. I have a 100 average at the moment. I hope to keep it that way. If nothing else, I probably won't be able to drop it below an A.
I'm taing Business Ethics during the regular semester. A lady at school, she's in the office across the hall from mine, gave me the book since she took it last semester. She said I just have to tell her how I do in it.
Well, I'm off now. I have to eat, finish and assignment for class, and be at a team meeting at 4 this afternoon. I'm going to walk to it, so yay me!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all of the good grades!!! How awesome is that?

Will check on you later.

Michelle said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking to it! I had to drop out of college (University of Hawaii - Manoa) when I got pregnant with my son, with every intention of going back to school, but he's now 10.5 years old! I'm thinking of finishing my degree, but doing it online since I work fulltime and of course have the kiddos. The only thing stopping me? Fear of failure and not knowing what the heck to major in! LOL! I love the company I work for, and even when I finish my degree, I'll still work for them, so it doesn't really matter to the job what I major in.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

ArleneWKW said...

I may have missed it, but I can't figure out what your current major is. The course of your school progress reminds me about different aspects of the progress of my kids. My son gratuated from college with a GPA that was above 4, possibly 4.2. He got on academic suspension within his first semester or 2. His official major was Graphic Communications; his real major was partying. He paid his dues after he graduated, went back for an M.A. and is doing fine now. My daughter left college to travel, experienced a number of adventures, and fulfilled the requirements for a B.S. in December. She's now 28 and plans to go for a Masters degree but needs to fulfill some prerequisites before she's able to do so.

Good luck in your academic pursuits. It seems like you've got the smarts and the discipline to go wherever your interests take you.

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates