Thursday, January 25, 2007

Improvement?

I think my day may be about to improve a bit. A coworker had seriously pissed me off, but I am over it. It's amazing what coffee will make you forget...

I planned out my classes for the Summer and Fall semesters. I have advisement in a couple of weeks. For the summer I will be taking Management Information Systems and Fitness Walking. I would like to take Aerobics too, but I don't think that is going to work out. For the fall I will be taking E-Business Application Strategy and Problem Solving in C. I hate school, just so everyone knows. But I promised my parents that I would finish my degree. What is really cool though, one of my coworkers (in another section of itech) is teaching the course in the fall. I wonder if that will help me get a better grade? Probably not though...

My husband is hoping to play in a Dreamblade tourny tonight. Of course, that assumes that three other people show up to play. It's a collectible minatures game that he has taken an interest in. And, of course, none of our friends play. We do have one friend that wants to take it up once he gets his finances straightened out.

If he is going to that, I plan to go to the gym tonight. There aren't any classes I'm interested in tonight (and Belly Dancing was apparently discontinued) but I can sign up for the incentive program AND walk on the track for a while. Much better than walking outside since it is too cold right now. My nose starts running just on my walk to work in the mornings (and home in the evenings). I can't wait to do my belly dancing video this evening. I'm really enjoying it. I keep saying I'm going to do it in the mornings, but I can't convince myself to get out of the bed when the time comes. :) But at least I'm getting it in at night!

My mind got stuck on the craziest thing today. I don't know if other places do this or not. If you go in the regular bathroom stalls in my building (at work) the toilets are set off-center. This seems like a decent idea except that the toilet paper dispensers are hung on the side the toilet is closer to. It makes it VERY uncomfortable for larger people to use those stalls. Luckily there aren't any handicapped people working in our building, so most of us use the handicapped stall if it is empty. And it almost always is when I go. But I was just thinking of how inconsiderate that was. You can barely use the things because you have trouble sitting on the toilet!

Ok, now that I have shared good news and an odd complaint I will leave you alone for the day.

2 comments:

jeannie* said...

Sounds like a good plan to hit up the gym! Hope you got a good workout in.

And the toilet situation SUCKS! I used to work at a place that had a few stalls like that and it royally pissed me off.

Tigerlilly said...

HA!! That would piss me off too... I have a fear of using public toilets, so thank God I was blessed with a strong bladder!!! The only time I HAD to use the public toilets was when I was 9 mos pregnant and had to pee every 5 minutes...but the only way I could use them was if I stood on the toilet and squatted... I know, I have problems... but can you imagine how hilarious I looked??? 9 mos pregnant squating on top of a toile trying to pee??? LOL.. I should have taken a picture!

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates