Friday, June 08, 2007

Books

I finished reading Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton. I loved this book. Of course, I loved Guilty Pleasures and The Laughing Corpse as well. These are fantastic books. However, I've heard of Anita Blake before, and these books just didn't really mesh with what I had been told.
When I finished the book last night, I saw that there was an afterword from Ms. Hamilton. After reading it, I realize that I'm about to start reading the stuff I've heard about. After this book things really change for Anita. There's not good and bad, but things in the middle as well. Or, at least, that's how I feel after reading the note.
In the first three books Anita is still innocent. She would never tell you she was, but she still really believes in good and evil at this time. She believes that she is the good guy and that vampires are the bad guys. I've really enjoyed reading her story. She's a bit like a breath of fresh air after reading the last book of the Merry Gentry series.
However, I'm glad to know that things will be changing for her. I don't think I would enjoy reading more about her without her growing up more. Her innocence would get old after a few more books.

If all goes well I'll be heading to the library to pick up the next book tomorrow. If not, I'll be doing it on Tuesday (more than likely). I really can't imagine waiting longer to pick up the next piece of Anita's story.

Since I finished the last of my library books I picked up Rises the Night this morning. I'm thrilled to be starting it finally. As of now I'm not further than what I had read on Ms. Gleason's website, but I intend to change that. I might even find some time to read at work today. I've been avoiding that at work because we got in a new boss, but he didn't say anything when I was reading it before work this morning, and didn't say anything about me having the Hamilton book sitting on the counter most of yesterday. Of course, I would be better off studying my management notes. But Ms. Gleason's writing is SOO much more entertaining!

0 comments:

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates