Thursday, December 07, 2006

RENN FEST

The Renn Fest on Saturday was AWESOME! I spent at least 5 hours on my feet, but that's what sneakers are for!

As our large group slowly made its rounds we gradually broke apart. I ever lost my husband for a few hours!

We all started out by throwing axes, knives, and stars. I sucked! Then I ended up with Shay, Dee, and their boys for a few hours after the hubby disappeared. We saw the Royal Tigers (White Bengals) and had our picture taken. We also saw the Joust. It was a pretty good show, but Dee said she had seen much better.

After a lot of wandering around, and buying an ale bottle ($1 refills forever and eternity), we eventually found my husband again. We watched the Duelists (a very funny show) and then saw Jameson the juggler. He was awesome too.

Then the hubby and I wandered around on our own for a while. We checked out different jewelry and clothing booths. And he checked out the sword shop. I also went to see the tigers again with Josh, but we didn't do a picture.

Then we meet up with several other group memebers and watched a short version of the Pirates show. It was Shantyman and Bonnie Lass. They were really funny too.

Then, the entire group meet up as the festival was closing and watched a fire breather perform.

We didn't carry nearly enough money (then again, didn't know too!). I got a bottle to take back next year, a dragon tote bag, a dragon cedar box (a christmas present from Josh), and we both bought food. A lot of our money went to tips for performers though. I can not wait to go again next year. We'll be going in costume then!

0 comments:

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates