Monday, February 02, 2009

Lunches....

I find that even going home for lunch every day doesn't match a cheap and healthy lunch easy. I have a tendency to just find something that I can fix within 5 minutes or less, and go from there. This ranges from a cheeseburger, a hotdog, or a sandwich usually. This isn't necessarily healthy though. I don't get in a fruit or veggie this way. Although, I do occassionally eat a piece of fruit when I'm finished, or fix a fruit snack for the afternoon at work.



However, we're still talking 8-11 points on Weight Watchers, and not much in the way of good nutrition. Refrigerator Raid has a great lunch post today. There are some great tips on what to toss into your lunch box, or your kid's lunchbox! So, if you're short on time for lunch, or just want to carry something better than McDonald's with you, and don't know where to start...Go check out her post for some good ideas. And if some of those don't work for you...well, it will probably get you thinking about your own healthier ideas...

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I've got to have good, healthful food readily available or I make poor choices. I'm still struggling to get back on track.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Preparation and planning are key for me.

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates