Friday, October 12, 2007

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Guilty Pleasures Vol. One


Josh found this while he was looking at manga at Books-A-Million last night and brought it to my attention. Needless to say I HAD to pick it up and take it home. This is a hardcover edition containing the first 6 issues of the Guilty Pleasures comic adaptation.
The comic is put out by Marvel. The first five issues were adapted by Stacie Ritchie and issue six by Jess Ruffner-Booth. All the artwork is by Brett Booth, with colors done by Imaginary Friends Studios. The entire book is in color and is BEAUTIFUL!
I read this at work today and it was a delicious escape from the the boredom of a Friday. The story was incredibly well told and I was very pleased with the adaptation from the book. Anita is beautiful and Jean-Claude is sexy!
This harcover includes a cover gallery to show you the covers from the individual issues, and even has a short extra titled Vampire Victim! There are additional issues of the story out past these six, but I will probably wait for the second hardcover volume before I purchase them. Although that doesn't mean I won't be looking at them in the store. There's no way I can wait that long before I read the next issue!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I din't know there was an Anita Blake comic! I'll have to check that out. I love those books, but have stopped reading them recently. I just really started to feel like Anita's character was being betrayed by the author...I miss her!

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates