Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Book Search

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of Beyond the Night by Joss Ware. I've seen stuff about the book online for months, and I always love a good, new story. This is the first in a new series, and post-apocalyptic story, a genre I've never read much of.

Since the book came out Tuesday, I decided to make a quick stop in the local Books-A-Million to pick up a copy. (And get the required picture for a fun contest Joss Ware is running on her blog.) Except, they didn't have the book. I went to Customer Service when I couldn't find it. The nice lady looked it up in the computer and was confused. The book had a feature location, but they don't carry the book. Very odd. But she was nice enough to look around the store for it anyway. (If I couldn't get what I came for, at least I got good service!)

So, I had heard that people had seen the book in Target. Went into the local Target, but no dice. Their book selection sucked.

I had places to be (can't miss a DnD game!), so we headed over to a friend's apartment. In a bit of downtime, I mentioned on Twitter and Facebook that I had been looking for the book with no luck. Joss Ware was nice enough to reply suggesting Wal-Mart. So, in my FOURTH location searching for the book (I had also tried the local university's Barnes and Noble) I finally found the sight I had been waiting for.



Joss Ware's Beyond the Night on sale at Wal-Mart in Hattiesburg. And placed next to another favorite author, Jayne Ann Krentz, which I thought was very cool. Now, on the the reading!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm almost done with my JA Jance series, so I'm totally going to look for this!

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates