Monday, September 01, 2008

Back?

Well, maybe I'm back. Summer ended up being a little tough at times. And Fall looks like it might be tough, but it's hard to say.

Right now I'm riding out Hurricane Gustav. We certianly haven't gotten hit HARD, but we've had lots of wind, some rain, and a couple of tornado warnings in my area. I haven't had any loss of power, and don't expect to at this point, even if we aren't out of the woods yet. I have seen a few flickers on the cable tv, but I think those were network problems instead of the local cable. Especially since the cable internet hasn't given me any problems.

The University officials decided yesterday not to open for business tomorrow. So I get an extra day off. I'm thrilled by that day off too! I'm nost sure what I will do with it. I should probably do some housework and study. But we'll just have to see how tomorrow goes. I may run into the office for a little bit just to make sure everything is good there. But they expect it to still be a little windy and rainy, so I may not.

On the weight loss front, I'm currently a couple of pounds up for the year. But I'm saying I'm holding steady for the year. I really have to get my butt in gear on that. I've started lossing some of my fitness level. Which is much more important to me than the number the scale says. I'll have to get back to doing more than walking to work and home. I just have to decide what type of program I'm going to do. I might work on that tomorrow.

I have read a few good books since I last posted. I'll have to post some reviews in the near future. Maybe that will get me back in the habit of posting here. Sorry to have run off on everyone! Hope y'all have been haivng a good year (I've been slacking on reading too!) and I'm going to try and get back in the habit of posting at least a couple of times a week.

For those who might be in Gustav's path, or Hanna's, stay safe!

0 comments:

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates