Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Ticker...

I've decided that my weight loss goal for the year is going to be small and simple. I'll be happy with losing another 10% of my weight this year, and preferrably getting out of the obese category. To that end I have created a new ticker and put it at the bottom of my blog. (Two tickers at the top got a little annoying since you HAD to scroll down to actually see a post!)

The new ticker I created takes me from my 2 January 2008 weigh in to 185.5 pounds. Thats a 22 pound loss, just 1.5 pounds over 10%.

While I sincerly hope that I stay on track and do better than this, I want to keep my goal low and simple. That's slightly less than I lost between 7 February 2007 and 2 January 2008 (23.5). I would have looked as far a January, but that was what I could see when I checked my total tracker record. If I make it that low, I should be able to make it. However, I hope that I break it fairly early and get to expand on it.

Now, the cool thing about this low goal that I only realized over two hours after making it and deciding to tell the world, is that this breaks down to only a 1.95 pound per month loss. So I'm well on my way to meeting it with a 2.5 pound loss for January! Now I just have to keep this up for the next 11 months!

3 comments:

JOY said...

I am sooooo happy to hear how positive you are Cory!

Losing 1.95lb is very do-able and you will be confident in getting your goal.

You are awesome Cory - sorry I haven't been around but have been SOOOOOO busy with this weight loss and trying to exercise but promise you here and now to check in to see how you are doing regularly!

Thanks for commenting on my weight loss blog - it is always lovely to hear from you and you inspire me every time you comment. I want to lose the weight for me but I want to make every single person who is supporting me proud and that includes you!

Right I am off to see what you have been up to.

Take care
Luv
JOY

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great goal. :D

Amazon Alanna said...

I think that 10% is a perfect goal! Obtainable, with definite health benefits! Yay for Cory! Genius.

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates