Thursday, May 15, 2008

Plans....

I had PLANNED to post a book review today for Colette Gale's new book Master. But I haven't been able to get it yet. Oh well. I'll something else instead... (And I'll get the book ordered this weekend!)

I'm attending a work cookout on Saturday and have volunteered to bring something along the appetizer/dessert line. I say it that way because I'm planning to make two different things, and I think they could qualify for both. The first is some seasoned nuts that my friends LOVE. Although I'm going to make them with slightly different spices. I'll let you know how those turn out this time. The other is a recipe I found on SparkPeople that I've wanted to try. It's called Baked Cinnamon Crisps. You cover tortillas in butter, cinnamon, and sugar then bake them until they are crisp. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

This morning I decided to make my own character sheet for a DnD character I'm playing right now. I decided to set it up in Excel and have it calculate everything for me. That took a fair chunk of my morning at work. Which is a good thing because it's been a little slow. But it's cool because I have it set up where if I change one thing, it changes everything that is affected by that for me. Pretty cool huh? And if for some reason I misplace my character sheet, no biggie. I can just print it out at work again. The sucky thing, we're not playing tonight because the DM has a big deadline at work. :( But at least I can use the time to work on my cooking for the party on Saturday!!!

Well, I'm off to check up on all y'all. Have a great day!

1 comments:

Fatinah said...

mmmm, both things you're thinking of bringing sound quite yummy!!

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates