Monday, December 08, 2008

The Party...

So, I went to my neice's 4th birthday party this year. I was excited to go because I've never made it to her party before. With her party always being a week after Thanksgiving, and 3.5 hour drive, I just can't afford to go for both Thanksgiving AND her birthday.

The theme was dalmations and Jackie went out of her way to make sure it was awesome. There were dalmation sack puppets for the kids to glue dots on, cupcakes with dalamations, bone cookies, and a bowl of dog food. There were even bags of doggie treats to take home! Ashleigh got tons of stuff, and loved all of it. I even helped Jackie put together one (she got two or three) baby doll strollers and the doll house before Josh and I headed home. She also got a Leapster, which was apparently a big hit.

Josh and I even ate at Logan's on our way home. And found a cell phone in their parking lot that we managed to return to its owner.

Of course, all that was Saturday. A day trip up there is a little tiring, so we didn't actually do anything on Sunday.

Friday night was Josh's work Christmas dinner, at one of our local steak houses. It was a fun evening, even if we were the youngest people there by far!!! I even had a new shirt to wear because my Lane Bryant order had been delivered Friday. That had me feeling good about myself because I didn't have a clue what to wear. I went casual in a long-sleeved t-shirt. I wasn't feeling great about wearing anything in the closet, but that new shirt had me feeling all confident in my appearance!!! It's amazing what new clothes will do for you, huh?

0 comments:

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates