Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Frostbite by Richelle Mead



I've been in love with Richelle Mead's books for a little while now, ever since I read the first chapter of Succubus Blues online. And then couldn't find it anywhere!


However, I have also really enjoyed her young adult series, Vampire Academy. I read the first book last fall, and wasn't exactly patient while waiting for Frostbite to come out this month. And then waiting for the library to actually get it in was even worse. But I was finally able to pick it up yesterday. It was well worth the wait.


The book starts out with a prologue that gives the background from the first book. I was very appreciative of this. While I remembered everything myself, the recap was great. And it was short. I think my favorite thing about the prologue was that it really gave the world to you. Because this is a different vampire world than I am familiar with anyone else writing.


The story actually begins with Dimitri taking Rose for her interview to find out if she actually gets to do what she wants to. Then everything changes. The book sees a lot of growth for Rose. She actually does try to get past some of her problems that I don't think she even fully acknowledged in the first book.


We find out more about the link between Rose and Lissa, more about what it means to be a guardian, and more about the Moroi world in general. We also get some of that teenage angst and some good fight scenes just to round things out a bit.


All in all, I would definitely recommend this series to just about anyone. It's a great quick read for adults, and an awesome story for teenagers. Can someone remind me why there weren't awesome books like this when I was younger???

0 comments:

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates