Monday, March 10, 2008

Back to it!

I hate coming to work on Mondays. And this one has been ridiculous! It's Spring Break, so there aren't many students around the univ. And there are very few faculty members here as well. But we've been fairly busy all morning. Well, at least for the first 1.5 hours. After that we've slowed down to or normal activity level, but not our normal Spring Break.

The weekend wasn't too terrible. I got some exercise in. I don't think I've lost any weight this week though. Hopefully it's just my usual paranoia though and I'll be surprised Wednesday.

Friday night was anime night. We watched the first 6 episodes of Fushigi Yuugi. I've seen it before, but it's new to all our friends. Since I haven't seen it in 2 years, I'm enjoying watching it again. Although I don't know if we will be meeting to watch this Friday or not. Depends on who all is available.

Saturday night we met up with some friends to do what was probably going to be a one-off dnd game with pre-gen characters. We were going through the Tomb of Horrors to honor Gygax. We were a slightly overpowered party with too much magic, level 9 characters. The four magic users survived the first fight. All characters without magic had died. 1 to a trap, the others in the fight. We decided to slip out of the dungeon, reincarnate the characters, and we'll play again later. Although the druid will not be getting her ape animal companion back. I'm the cleric myself, and it's an experience since I've never played a cleric before. The druid and I are playing to die. We are seeing how long it takes us to kill our characters without doing something incredibly stupid. It would be easier if we were melee characters...

Sunday I sat at home. I did up a tutorial for work on your new e-mail system. I have to do the calendar portion of the new system sometime today. I think I'll wait until after lunch to start on it though...

Y'all have a great week!

3 comments:

Martalu said...

I was just talking about D&D at lunch today. My hubby almost bought a starter kit with tons of figures, etc., but I refuse to play any kind of game that requires maps or booklets or guides, etc. I'm too lazy! Just give me a good ole' Life or Sorry anytime! Even Risk is too long for me. What's up with that? Do I have ADD?!

Are you taking any of Spring Break off? I'm taking 1/2 of Thursday and all of Friday.

JOY said...

You always seem so busy Cory!

I don't know how you fit it all in.

Don't worry if you don't have a loss this week - just look forward to next week!

Come on girl you can do it!

JOY said...

Hi there

Just stopping by to see how you are getting on. Still busy busy I guess.

Hope you are still sticking to your weight loss plan - hard isn't it?

Hope you have a nice relaxing easter - you deserve it girl!

Have a nibble on some chocolate for me - I am going to try and resist!

Love

JOY

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates