Thursday, February 07, 2008

And it's done

The surgery wasn't too bad. Josh and I got to the office before any of the employees. So we sat in the car for about ten minutes then went in. I was a bit sleepy. I normally try to be for things like this. Makes me go under quicker. It's not uncommon for me to fall asleep BEFORE I'm given the sleepy stuff.
So, I talked to the nurse, and to Dr. Thames for a couple of minutes. He's the best at giving an IV that I've experienced, even if he did want to do it at the elbow. (I perfer my hand.)So I dozed off and they did whatever. I do remember them covering the top of my head and eyes.
I woke up while he was working on the last one. I remember him telling the nurse that it was always the last one that was the most difficult. It felt kinda funny whatever he was doing. Then I dozed off to let them finish. I'm not sure if he even knew I woke up. (I wake up during my RFDs when I get them too! They feel really funny and it amusing the doc!)
So, they wheeled me out to the car. I think I amazed the nurse when I pulled out my book afterwards and started reading while we watched for Dr. Thames to come back out and talk to me before letting me go.
I had a couple of prescriptions to pick up so Josh and I went to Wal-Mart and went window shopping while we waited. I was surprised by how cheap that visit was. It was kinda funny trying to tell me info to the pharmacist considering I had gause in my mouth. But I got the rest of my niece's birthday present, ice cream, and a movie to watch later.I have to keep ice on my jaws for 12-24 hours. Thank goodness I finally got a scarf last year or that would be a little difficult.

Anyway, I think I might take a nap now. I didn't sleep very well last night! Y'all have a great day.

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

glad you made it through ok

Anonymous said...

Wow! You make it sound so easy. Glad you are doing okay.

JOY said...

I don't know why my comment disappeared that I left a few days ago but here we go again ... ...

I am so pleased everything went well for you! I just wanna give you a big hug for being so brave. I feel sooooo silly for rambling on about my teeth now.

You are so brave! You deserve a BIG treat - ice cream sounds just like the perfect cure. Make sure you take it easy now or I'll be over to tell you off LOL!

Well done again - I bet you are glad it is all over now.

Love for now

JOY

 

"The Dragons Loss Template" designed by Twisted Templates